Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A signature

Much has happened since I lasted posted.  I thought that once we received the call that our court date was scheduled things would move along happily and smoothly until March 31st.   Then our daughter would become ours and we would bring her home on April 16th and our new life together would start.


However, God had different plans.  We are still going to Russia.  We still leave on March 26th.  It seems that the carefree court date I thought was going to happen was really just a dream.  Reality, sometimes, is just downright hard. Our friends, who are adopting from the same region we are, had their adoption denied.  You can read their story here: The Davis Family.  We will appear before the same judge, but hopefully a different prosecutor.  We pray that our outcome will be different.  If it isn't, we will fight too.


We've also had a new kink thrown at us today.  It seems that our Homestudy agency's license expired on March 18th.  I was going to hand carry over to Russia the new license that was supposed to be issued last week.  It appears though, that the new one will NOT be issued before we travel because the person who needs to sign it is on vacation.  WHAT?!  This is exactly the kind of thing we DON'T need.  I fear that the court will be looking for anything that could deny us and having a homestudy done by an agency without a current license would be a doozie.  Did I mention we live in Tennessee, where the woman sent her son back on a plane...to Russia?  You might as well tell the court that she was my next door neighbor.


We are supposed to be getting a letter from the state licensing agency stating that the only thing lacking on the re-issuance of the homestudy agency's license is the signature, but still, it is NOT the document Russia asked for.


I find it hard to believe that there is not someone in this HUGE state of Tennessee who can sign the license for us.  Tomorrow I make calls.  I am calling government agencies, congressmen, senators and even the governor.  You may even see me on the news.  :0)


Please pray - that someone will hear our story and want to help us get a signature.

7 comments:

Caleb said...

oh dear Hooks- I am SO sorry this is happening. You are so persevering and admirable, and I hope all goes well! God Bless- you'll be in our prayers!

Melissa said...

I'll be praying Angie....I hope I see you on the news.

ashleypmo said...

PRAYING!!!!

Unknown said...

Praying, and I believe that if any family has the Faith to make it through this and let God shine it's yours!

God Bless, and rooting for you!

patty said...

Dear Hook family,
We will be praying for you as you begin your journey back to Eva. Tori will also be in our prayers during her mission trip.
Patty

Sarah D said...

Whatever it takes, right? Go Angie Go!

Jo's Corner said...

Saying Prayers for the Hook family and Sweet Evan!