Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day Four - EVAN!!!




Hello Friends,

What a day! It's so hard to explain all that we are feeling. Of course I have no problem explaining this. WE SAW EVAN TODAY!!! The orphanage director opened her room door and Evan saw me and came running out and landed in my arms.


AHHHHHH!!!! The staff was so surprised that she remembered me!! She was a little shy with Clark and kept poking his beard with her finger. She finally warmed up and they were laughing hysterically by the end of the visit.



We were able to spend about 2 hours with her. She has the best belly laugh and had us in stitches. It was very emotional leaving the orphanage with the uncertainty of our case. When we went to say bye-bye in Russian she responded, "No." Her momma and poppa's heart is full.


It takes us about 6 hours roundtrip to get to the orphanage and back on the worst roads you have ever seen. There are also five of us squished in a tiny car - with the heat on high blast. It was during this time that we prepped for court. Not the best way to prep. It was loud, bumpy and hot. It was also the most important information that we'll receive in order to be prepared. Our heads are on overload, crammed full of information on how to respond if the judge asks this, make sure you don't say that, remember to say this. I took 7 pages of notes to be prepared. However, with all the bumping we did in the car, it looks more like chicken scratch.

We felt your prayers today. We are exhausted, physically and emotionally. We need more prayers.

Specific requests.

1. Our court date is tomorrow morning, March 31st at 10:00 am. That is 1:00 am Thursday morning for all you Nashville people. We would covet your prayers at this time - or anytime after that. Our court date is expected to last 4-5 hours. I'll take any and all we can get during that time.

2. Pray for the Holy Spirit to bring to mind specific answers that they may ask from us. As I said, we are tired and we still have some work to do before we can lay our heads down.

3. Pray for Clark. He is making a very specific speech at the beginning of our court hearing. It is long and important and full of details. He has tonight to write it. Pray for God to guide his pen.

4. Pray for the Judge. That she will see the love that we have for this little girl and that she deserves to have the love of a mommy and daddy and sister and brothers.


THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

We love you -
Angie and Clark

57 comments:

Carrie E said...

Will be praying for you tonight in TX.

amyl4 said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Praying and fasting for your sweet family today!

Stephanie said...

oh my goodness! i thought your blog was private and never even attempted to find you. Julia just posted on her blog with a link!
Just wanted to let you know we are praying and fasting for you and the judge and just this whole situation.
Your Dumpling is amazing! God bless!

Mel said...

We are praying in Iowa Angie!!! There are hundreds, more like THOUSANDS of prayers being said for you and Clark and sweet little Evan. We will all be there with you in spirit as you go to court in just a few hours. God bless you and keep you.

Mel said...

We are praying in Iowa Angie!!! There are hundreds, more like THOUSANDS of prayers being said for you and Clark and sweet little Evan. We will all be there with you in spirit as you go to court in just a few hours. God bless you and keep you.

angela lange said...

The Lange's WILL BE PRAYING!

alicia said...

praying !!!!!!

patty said...

Angie & Clark,

We are praying, praying, praying. The pictures of you guys with Evan are beautiful!
The Lococo family

Looking Up said...

You have entire "family" who is fasting, praying & advocating on your behalf. You are not alone in this fight.

amyl4 said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Jenn said...

Praying constantly on your behalf!! Love you guys!

skitkat19 said...

your blog is being linked to all over the place! just know that while you have only a few comments on here, you have many, many brothers and sisters in Christ praying for you!! i have been praying all day and will continue! keep your eyes on Him and trust in His faithfulness!!

CrazyLifeAsMom said...

Praying for all of you. She is a sweetheart

Jenny O. said...

Praying in SC.

Regina said...

praying here in Lubbock, TX--following you from the HappyHouseWife--may God Bless Your Family and Keep you in His Peace--Peace be with you dear

regina

andrea said...

I am praying and fasting along with the many, many others who are doing so today and I will be setting my alarm to pray while you guys are in the court room tomorrow. You are not alone in this battle!

"and you will even be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. But when they hand you over, do not worry about how or what you are to say; for it will be given you in that hour what you are to say. For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you." (Matthew 10:18-20)

"You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you... Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.'" (2 Chronicles 20:17)

Unknown said...

praying, praying, praying.......... and then I'll pray some more.

Sarah said...

Prayers are going up for y'all and the other two families with the same judge as well.

Mary Prather said...

There is a family in Atlanta that will be praying for your sweet family... many, MANY blessings.

Crazy Little Mama said...

So glad I ran across your blog today. I will wake up for your court appointment to pray for you. May the Lord bless your every word as you prepare for your time before the judge. Remember that the true Judge is the One with the final ruling.

Kris said...

Praying for court in IL!

Renae said...

Praying for you in Ohio tonight! For God's amazing grace to surround the court hearing, and for this judge's heart to be softened!

patricia said...

Praying in nj

ginny said...

praying for you guys & encouraging others to do the same...encouraged by your love

Cathy said...

Praying here in Illinois!!!!!

ginny said...

praying for you guys & encouraging others to do the same...encouraged by your love.

Lorene said...

I am praying so hard tonight. Evan is a precious girl!

Christy said...

Angie and Clark,

I don't know you or your sweet family, but we apparently have friends in common who have both requested prayer on your behalf. We have been in your exact position before and were blessed by an outpouring of support, encouragement and prayers on our behalf as we faced these very challenges. I just wanted you to know that our little family will be praying for yours. We look forward to hearing your good news.

Best wishes and Godspeed,
Christy

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you and your lovely little girl. These picture so clearly illustrate the loving bond between you - I hope the judge will be able to see them and make the obvious, right decision.

Very best wishes,
Susan in Ky
Cousin to 2 from U.

Melissa said...

Thinking of you in Colorado and hoping to hear some great news in the morning.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for all of you from Rochester, NY
Joanne

Anonymous said...

I am praying fo you from Rochester, NY

Mom of a three year old said...

Angie I do not know you but I know Tesney Davis and I wanted you to know that I am praying so hard for you guys and your court date tomorrow. She is a beautiful little girl and I am praying that she becomes a part of you family.

The Knox Family said...

The Knox Family is praying for all of you!

Adoptedforlife said...

We are praying here in Georgia. And believing God for a Miracle if you have an access to Internet I am going to give you a name of the Great ADVOcate for Russian children they are calling her the MOdern Day Moses she used to be a Russian Judge she is a Russian Lawyer for the Children. She get the hard case and WINS them she is awesome she lives in Florida USA and goes back and forth to Russia and goes to court with you.. We pray you dont need her but if you do please let her know about you all I have filled her in some and she knows what she is doing and she is quick and swift she had connections where these agency dont she knows everyone. www.russialegal.com her name is Irina O'Rear. Read the testimonies on this lady if an adoption can happen she can make it happen even when the odds are against you.. Praying All night God bless. Anne http://petittzutaut.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

Praying!

Angela said...

praying tonight

Cory said...

Bawling my eyes out looking at Evans sweet little face. I've been praying for you guys since I first heard of you a while back, and will continue to do so. God be with you, and keep you.

Anonymous said...

It is eleven here is Wisconsin as I read this and I will be praying for you and Evan as I'm getting ready for bed. This is just wonderful of you to do and may God be with you.

Redeeming Hidden Treasures said...

Praying for you all here!

Amber said...

Praying right now! I believe your court case is now or in an hour?? Not sure, but praying hard! Oh Lord, please be with them, the judge......

Amber said...

Oh, think I'm a day early actually. Still praying though!

Diane said...

Angie and Clark,
I am so glad you were able to enjoy your visit today with your precious princess. How can anyone, hard hearted or not, see the love and joy in that interaction and think anything but...this little girl is their daughter and needs to be allowed to go home.
Please know that I have been up since early Wed and will remain up and in prayer until Thur morning here, central time. Praying that God's words are what is heard in that court room and God's heart is felt and God's hand is the hand that makes the ruling for Evan to become you daughter in name. I know she is already your daughter by heart. There are a hundred scriptures I could share, but I am sure you are already in the word and aware of them all. Just know there are so many praying you through this and when you stand tomorrow, we are all there with you lifting you up. Praying God's will be done and Evan will very soon be heading home with you. With much love.
Diane
www.savinglera.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Praying for you right this second and hoping you get to bring Evan home with you. God Bless.

Kate said...

Praying for you in Oregon. Stand strong ~ there are hundreds, if not thousands, of sisters & brothers in Christ who will be with you in Spirit.

Milena said...

Praying right now! 9:30 am in Sweden, you are probably in court right now.

Laura said...

Sending prayers from CA!! Can't wait to wake up in several hours and read the good news we're all praying for. :)

Adoptedforlife said...

dieing to hear what the Judge said? I cant wait to Here A YES.. In Jesus Name.

Tanya Robinson said...

Woke up many times during the night and prayed hard!!!!

Erin P. said...

Prayers for you from Atlanta, GA. Our God is bigger than all of this!!!

Kelly said...

I also woke up many times last night & prayed each time for Evan, your family & the Judge. Anxiously awaiting news.... We're in Greensboro, NC. Been posting about this situation on FB, etc. & have many others praying for you as well.

Alycia said...

Prayers from Boston-was awake at 1:00 this morning and you were and are on my heart and in my prayers. Evan is a beautiful child.
Alycia

figwittage said...

Sending lots of love and prayers your way! The 1st song I heard on the radio today was Bon Jovi's 'Living on a Prayer' :) xxxooo

Denise :o) said...

You dont know me but I've been following this story for a couple of weeks now. Your court hearing is probably over by now. I am hoping and praying it turned out as it SHOULD with you and your husband being granted this beautiful little girl.

From another Mom to a Russian beauty:
Denise (CA)

Anonymous said...

Prayers are coming your way from N.C. Just remember that His will will always be done. May He grant you the blessing that you desire within this precious little one.

Unknown said...

praying...praying....praying...she is absolutely gorgeous..