Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day Three

It's our last day in Moscow. We slept in and then I decided it was time to tackle the research. I've found some great research done in 1964 that states that it is better for children with Down syndrome to be in a home rather than an institution or even a specialized state run hospital. Yes, the research has been done over 45 years ago. It's hard to believe that some people's thoughts have not progressed to current times.

We had a problem with our printer so off we went to find a USB printer cable and printer paper in Moscow. We had success on both counts!! Now I can print out the pages that I have saved while I am on the train.

This may be the last post until after we've seen Evan. We'll be on the overnight train to our region, then we'll check in at the hotel, freshen up a bit, then off on a three hour car ride to the orphanage. I'll post pictures and maybe video if I am able!!

Please keep praying. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with fear. I keep remembering that God is in control and He loves Evan even more than I do.

Love you all!!
Angie

7 comments:

Sandi said...

Angie -- just found your blog. I am friends with Tesney and am joining the fast and prayer tomorrow for both of your families and for the others that will follow. Praying for something BIG to happen -- for changed & softened hearts! And for peace to surround you and fill you as you face the court. HE is before you and behind you and IN you. May He strengthen and sustain you!

Jenn said...

We are still praying for you! God be with you.

Rachel and Jenna said...

Just came across your blog from an article!! Praying for your family and your sweet girl and that the judge's eyes are opened to God's plan!!

Jenna

Sherri said...

I found your blog through a friend and I am praying for you. I've also posted to my blog for people to pray. You have prayers to the King coming to you from NY :).

Elizabeth said...

Praying and fasting for you and your family.

sharon said...

All the best to you and your family as you embark on this wonderful and life changing endeavor. I'm sure all will work out well, and for the best. I admire the way you are opening your hearts to this little child in order to give him such endless opportunities.

Joni said...

Praying, praying, praying!!!!!!