First--I need to say how thankful I am to my friend Amy, who opened her home and coordinated the vendors that we had. I knew that even if we didn't sell anything, I would still have a great time hanging out with one of my favorite people. While we were selling stuff she made a sweet comment about Evan. "You better not back out or something better not happen, because Evan's a part of the family already." :o)
We raised $550, with a little bit more coming in. I thought that was a great amount considering we threw the benefit together last minute and told people about it a day before it was happening.
I'll make sure I post when I come up with my next fundraising idea!
Gwen from 147 million orphans said I could keep selling her products to raise money for Evan's homecoming fund! So when I get pictures I will post them along with the price!! Speaking of 147 million orphans -- I saw one of the t-shirts while I was in the airport in Orlando...so I had to ask where she was from. She was actually from Brentwood and had bought a T-shirt at a Bible study. She asked how I knew about the organization, so I told her about our benefit last week and our journey to get Evan. I had her crying in the airport and now one more person is aware of the awful things that happen to kids with disabilities in other countries.
Hopefully, we will get our fingerprints done tomorrow! One step closer!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment