Sunday, December 13, 2009

Blessed

I've had a busy weekend. It started out on Friday with our Moms' Group Christmas Party. Our Moms' group is a little different than most in that all of our children have Down syndrome that are 5 and under. I think we had about 14 moms there. I learn so much from these moms. They are the first ones I turn to if I have a question about Levi. Quite likely someone will share some info that will help me out. Many times I wish I would have brought a note pad to our get-togethers as I know I'll need some tidbit of information they share at a later date!

On Saturday morning Levi and I went to a play date with his friends from my Moms' group. It was so much fun to see all the kids playing together and all the moms and dads catching up. The kids had a book exchange and Levi thought the tissue paper tasted great!!

Then on Saturday afternoon I drove Tori to her bake sale. She is raising money for a little boy with Down syndrome on Reece's Rainbow. She emailed the director and asked to be his Christmas Angel Warrior. Her goal is to raise $1000 for him by the end of the month. She has raised $628 so far!! Not bad for a 15 year old!

Dennis (Tori's child she is sponsoring)

Through all of this I realized again how blessed I am. The weekend that I had would have been totally different if Levi would have never entered my life. I have made great friends, therapists, doctors and children because of him. His foster family is truly like a second family to us. Our lives expanded and broadened all because of our willingness to say "YES!" when God asked us to be his family. I can't wait to see how much more our lives will change for the better and the people we will meet as we start on our journey for Evan!!

1 comments:

Kath said...

Wow Tori!
I'm a grown up and I have spent the last three months fundraising of Joey and have barely raised $2000. Keep up the good work.