Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Introducing Eva Noel Hook




Today is the day!! The day that we have been waiting for since November 2009. Today Evan left the orphanage FOREVER!!!



Evan arrived at our hotel around 1:30pm. She looked a bit bewildered as the car door opened, but once I held out my hands--she came right to me. It is a surreal feeling to have someone knock on your hotel door and say, "would you like to go downstairs and meet your daughter?" I can only imagine what Evan was thinking.


We brought her up to our room to change her out of the orphanage clothes as we had to hand those back. I think we took too long - they sent someone up to get us. We were just in awe - kinda like checking out your newborn baby to see how perfectly God created them.


After we handed off everything and said our goodbyes to our caseworker and translator, we went back up to our room.


We decided to give her something to eat, since we didn't think she ate on the 3 hour car ride from the orphanage. Wow! The girl has an appetite! We stopped after awhile not knowing if she can stop herself when she is full.



We played baby doll, hid things, blew bubbles, colored, tried on Momma's shoes, tried on both pairs of her own shoes, turned the light switches on and off, played with the TV buttons.





She is a bundle of energy and we couldn't get her to go down for a nap! We did finally get her down around 8:00 after a bath.



We are beyond thrilled and can't wait to get her home next Tuesday so the rest of our family and friends can meet her and love on her!!




Many, many thanks for all you have done for our family. It will never be forgotten!!

Love, The Hooks - a family of six!!

37 comments:

Shauna said...

There aren't words........God is good. Real good.

Julia said...

This is what it is all about. This moment in time. Redeemed. An orphan no more. All the heartache. All the tears. All the questions and prayers and worries and weeping and sighs. All washed away. Gone. Forever. PRAISE GOD! TO HIM WE GIVE ALL THE GLORY, HONOR AND POWER!

Rochelle said...

Praise God! What an awesome sight to see her with you OUT of the orphanage! So happy for you all. Praying for safe travels home.

Christy said...

Tears of absolute joy for you. What a fight worth fighting.

Lindsey said...

PRAISE GOD WE ARE SO EXCITED!!! I CAN'T STAND IT - GOD IS SO GOOD!

Heaven Sent Hatians said...

Praise God! He is so awesome and mighty!! We couldn't more thrilled at the moment!! Have a blast in the time you have to bond with her before the famous Eva comes home and you all bombarded with everyday life!
We are praying for your safe travels and of course we can't wait to meet Eva!!

Jenn said...

Praise God!!! So beyond happy for your family of 6 :) We have been praying for you, wonderful to see those prayers answered :)

Julie said...

This gave me chills!!!! I can't wait for that day with Kareen! I am SO happy for you all! She looks SO happy with you!!! Don't you wish you could understand what she is thinking about all this?!! So could you not go get her from the orphanage? they had to bring her to you instead?

Elissa said...

She is gorgeous! Congrats to your family for your wonderful new addition.

alicia said...

congratulations !!! she is SO beautiful!!! :)

~Lil Mama said...

ok. gotta stop reading your blog while I'm running errands. The people at Home Depot don't know why I'm crying in the paint aisle. They have all the colors I could ever want. What's the problem, ma'am? ;) CANNOT WAIT until Tuesday. She is such a Hook; I can already tell! Love the pic with her shrugging. You guys are in for it! HA! Just so, so incredible. Love you!!

Onnie Kirk said...

He Has Done Marvelous!!!
And we will Praise His Holy Name!!!

Onnie

JlrPickens said...

Happy happy tears. She's already made our world a brighter place. Praise be to God!! Enjoy every minute and be safe getting home. Love you guys!

JlrPickens said...

Happy happy tears. She's already made our world a brighter place. Praise be to God!! Enjoy every minute and be safe getting home. Love you guys!

Cathy said...

Beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

God bless you guys for rescuing this precious little cutie! Your love for her shows well. You guys are awesome!

Donnie and Karrie Cannell said...

I am so happy for all of you! Hugs, Love, and Gods Blessing. Wow! What an awesome God we serve. Enjoy your girl. :)

Mel said...

Praise the Lord!! So happy for you all!!! God bless your new improved family!!

Milena said...

Wonderful! Congratulations!

amyl4 said...

Praise God!:)

Anonymous said...

HOORAY, I can't wait to meet her. She is so precious and looks so happy, as do the two of you. I bet you can't wait to get her home and be a family of six. Lots of love. God is SO good!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! May there be many more days filled with tears of joy for you and your family.

Jenn said...

I'm just so thrilled for you guys and for little Evan!!! What a gift!!! God is so good and I can't stop thanking Him for bringing you all through this.

emgeho said...

What wonderful news and great pictures of Eva.
Ellen

Lorri said...

So happy to read this!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Praying for a safe trip home and an easy transition for Evan! :)

Sarah D said...

Crying tears of joy for you guys right now. It is surreal for us to see her out of the baby home, like another angel has made it through with Charlie. I know you must be pinching yourself every minute too....God is soooo good. He made a perfect little girl, that's for sure!

Gretchen said...

yeah yeah yeah! thank you for never giving up on this fight! yeah for Evan!

Anonymous said...

Evan is so beautiful. I am so happy for you guys....cant wait to see pictures of her at home!

patty said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for all of you. Evan is adorable. All of her little facial expressions are so cute. We will be praying for a uneventful trip home.
The Lococos

The Hathaways said...

She's got such a precious smile and personality. I am amazed everyday at what God can do. I know this was always God's plan for Evan. I am priviledged to see it come to fruition. As my daughter would say....that's Epic. Oh, I'm sorry, that was last year's word. I'll have to come up with a new one. May God continue to bless the Hook family of six.

Ember said...

Yeeeeeessssss!!!!!!!!!

Justin & Jenny Caldwell said...

Found your blog through another one, it's wonderful to see little Evan has a whole new life ahead of her. May God Bless your family for reaching out and taking Evan in! Prayers for your journey home!

Katie said...

Yay!!! I am so glad she is with her family and loved forever. Safe travels home. This makes me so happy.

Jenn said...

Beautiful! Hooray! God bless you all...the whole family of SIX!! :)

Unknown said...

i am awake, i cant sleep, its the middle of the night here in the uk and now i am crying with joy! i hope my husband doesnt hear he will think i have finally lost the plot! she is as beautiful as you are. wow thank god for amazing families like you and for reeces rainbow. your little girl is so wonderful i send you my heartfelt love and hugs and pray fro every blessing imaginable to fall on your new angel. much love from a wide awake crying mummy in the uk who also just happens to have an extra special baby with smith magenis syndrome and cannot even think about a reality that would see her magic hidden away in an institution! xxxxxx

Rod and Judy said...

God has done a good thing...What a wonderful and complete life Evan will have with her new "forever" family...God bless, safe travels and lots of Hugs. Judy and Rod