I can't tell you how emotional it was to land in Nashville. Clark and were not sitting together as the flight was full. The landing was very rough due to the gusting winds. We touched down and I started crying. I am sure the man next too me thought I was being rather emotional over a bumpy landing. It was HOME. And we had our girl with us. I was an emotional wreck - and we hadn't even made it out to where everyone was waiting for us!!
As we walked toward the security point we could see a huge crowd gathered and people cheering and clapping. It was a beautiful sight - especially to see my children who did great while their mom and dad have been gone.
We drove home and to our amazement there were neighbors gathered in our front yard with signs and balloons all cheering as we drove in.
It was an unbelievable homecoming!!!
But it still wasn't over...we left up our Christmas tree so we could celebrate Christmas with Evan when she finally got home. We walked into the room with our Christmas tree and this is what we saw...
Gifts for Evan and the tree had gift cards hung all over it!!!
It was truly like Christmas today!! I am so thankful to everyone who has been a part of this journey. Our hearts are overflowing with gratitude!!





20 comments:
What an awesome homecoming....they all deserve one like that.
Congratulations! We are so happy that all of you are together! What a joyous Easter this will be!
Patty Lococo
Sobbing like a child here. So happy y'all are home, safe and sound! Congratulations, and Praise God! So so Happy for you guys.
Welcome home! I have tears of joy streaming down my face as my excitement for your family cannot be contained!!! God is great!!!!
Oh, that's so sweet! I'm so glad she's home!
I don't know what to say except wow, wow, WOW!
God Bless and whoo-hoo!
wow!!! I can't stop crying!!! What a perfect homecoming! You must have amazing support! She is one lucky little girl! So happy for you all! I am sure I will be a wreck when we finally get home with Kareen too!
What a wonderful homecoming, so long overdue!
Congratulations!! :)
Truly a joyous "God" moment and many blessings to come.God is Sooooo good!
Absolutely amazing!!! I love it!
Happy happy tears after reading this... I'm so happy for all of you!
Paige Joslin
Welcome home Evan!
So perfect!!!
We just couldn't be happier for anyone right now!! So blessed to see the journey from start to HOME!!!
Such a sweet homecoming! Thanks for sharing!
utterly awesome! xx
you have been award the Versatile Blogger Award. check it out here:
http://textgeorge.blogspot.com/2011/04/i-was-so-excited-this-morning-i-turned.html
oh man that video clip made me cry! great to see you are home and seeing little Levi go up to you guys was awesome! have fun now that she is finally home! well done!!
Wow, that is so beautiful. I am so happy for you and your family!!!
Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com --> blog design to change the world
Oh, my! It did my heart good to see this today! Welcome Home and so glad all went well in the end....I know that feeling when you land back home....such a relief. So happy for you all!
Jo Gooden
you have me in tears in the uk xxxxx
Post a Comment