Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Potential Travel Dates

Got your attention didn't it? Mine too. That's what the subject line was in the email our adoption case worker sent us today! Woo Hoo!!! Or so I thought. It seems that our potential travel dates won't happen until the end of next week or the beginning of the following week. Say what?? I quickly shot an email back asking why the delay.

Her response (and I already knew it) - government. She told me to think about how our Department of Children Services works here in the USA (ummm - most of the time - SLOW) and then to remember it's Russia and they have fewer resources than we do.

It was a very sad afternoon at our house. I know God's timing is perfect, but I am still praying for a mountain to be moved so that we get the call earlier!

Late in the afternoon, we did get some good news. Lifesong for orphans is giving us a $5000 matching grant and a $5000 interest-free loan if we need it! Every time we receive money I am reminded how God knows what we need in order to bring our girl home. You'd think that would make me stop worrying over how we are going to raise $30000 as He has proved Himself over and over to me in this area. He sure is patient. :0)

Hopeful and Grateful,
Angie

0 comments: