Monday, April 12, 2010

News!

Not the kind you are thinking of...no dates yet. I am sure most of you have heard this story on the NEWS -- of the mother sending her child back to Russia on a plane unsupervised. It's a sad situation for everyone involved. I wonder if she knew that her decision would cause this kind of outrage. I wonder how desperate she was in order to make that kind of decision. I feel sadness for a little boy who was trying to cope with a new family, a new country, and a new language - only to be abandoned once again. I feel sadness for all the families that this could affect, who may not be able to complete their adoptions and bring home their children.

We are still hoping to hear about our court dates at the end of this week or the beginning of next! Adoptions are still proceeding in Russia and that is the best NEWS! But still not the NEWS I was referring to in my subject line.

We were actually on the NEWS tonight! Our homestudy agency emailed this morning and said a reporter was wanting to talk to a family who was in the middle of an adoption to Russia. We said, "Sure, we'd love to share our story." Within 2 hours he was at our home and it aired on the news tonight! The thing I love the most is that he didn't edit out the part when I tell what happens to children with special needs in Russia when they turn four. Here's a link to the story! http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=12298449


Please keeping praying that Americans are still allowed to adopt. And if you have the time please sign the petition that the Joint Council on International Children's Services has on their website. It states: "The letter asks both Presidents to ensure that intercountry adoption continues uninterrupted and to aggressively investigate and prosecute anyone involved in the abuse of children. You can sign anytime, but doing so before Tuesday night would help us get the letters to both Presidents before President Medvedev leaves the U.S." http://www.jcics.org/Russia.htm

Until I have more NEWS!!
Angie

0 comments: