Monday, April 19, 2010

PAUSE

As we go through our daily routine I wonder what Evan is doing? When I fall asleep at night I think about her as she would be waking up to face another day in an orphanage. Does she light up for anyone when they come to get her out of her crib? Is she smothered with kisses? Are the first words she hears in the morning ones of love? Makes my heart ache if I think on it too long. I want to be over there. I want to take her home, where she can know the love of a mommy and daddy, where her siblings will squeal with delight when she does something funny or cheer her on when she hits a milestone.

But instead we are stuck in a "pause". Russia is not issuing any travel dates for families who have not been on their first trip yet. Pause - it stinks. How does one put their heart on pause?

Sometimes I wonder why our journey took this turn. I know God's plans are best, but truthfully I can't really see that at the moment. I just want her home...

2 comments:

Katrina said...

well put,I too would like to know how to put your heart on pause. But I do know that God has his plan for each of us pauses and all.it is hard for us but he does have his reasons. we are in a pause with our homestudy right now our social worker is going on vacation nothing we can do about it. plus not knowing what is going on with Russia maybe putting the homestudy off a few weeks is a good thing. all I know is God will bring our babies home. Just keep loving and praying for her.and you will have her in your arms before you know it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Katrina! Praying your homestudy will finish soon!