Saturday, January 30, 2010

TB, Winter Storm and No Signatures

Clark and I had our physicals this week and part of that was getting our TB tests done. We had to return to the office to have the test read 48-72 hours after it was given. This however, put us right in the middle of the "winter storm of 2010". For those who do not live in the Middle Tennessee area, the prediction of snow sends us in droves to the grocery store and schools to close. Well on Friday, the snow started and Clark and I and the two boys drove to get our TB test read. The drive went well on the way there, but on the way home cars couldn't even make it up a slight incline due to the slick roads. What normally would have taken 15 minutes, turned into a 50 minute trip home. We got home safely and have not been in a car since then. We had snowfall, then sleet/ice, then more snow. It's pretty slick on the roads.

But not too slick for the mail lady. I was so excited when I went to the mailbox and our letter from the Immigration office was laying inside. I went in to open it and hoped that the date they sent for our fingerprint appointment would work for us. Well.....slight problem with our form we sent to them. We forgot to sign it!!! So I'll be going back to the post office to overnight it again (with signatures) on Monday.

We now have all the paperwork completed before our first trip. Our home study needs to be submitted by our case worker and then we are just waiting on our first court date in Russia!! Oh...we still need more money too. It will be exciting to see how God is going to provide it!

Woo Hoo!!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! progress! =)