Much has happened in the last week to move us closer to Evan! We started our home study visits and have had two already. Only one more to go! On Tuesday afternoon we got an email from our placement agency stating that their in-country staff needed our prefile documents ASAP. These are supposed to be filed after our home study updated is complete, but for some reason they needed it now. I called to find out what was going on, but have still not received an answer. I am hoping it means they want to move quickly!!
The first thing we had to do was a family portrait in our semi-formal attire. Well, we were supposed to get that done this weekend. Fortunately Clark is pretty talented with a camera. So up went the tripod. We all got dressed up and moved furniture to make an appropriate back drop. Then Clark placed us and pushed the timer and got into place. Levi had a bit of a problem looking at the camera as there was no one behind it jumping up and down and making faces. Amazingly it only took a few shots. The picture of me is hilarious. I was in the middle of telling Levi to look and well...i look like I am striking a pose!

Next were pictures of the house and Levi's room (which I think is where we will put Evan) and the kids' bathroom. Clark and I stayed up until about 12:30 a.m. finishing the paperwork.
On Wednesday morning we had our 2nd home study visit. Then off to get all the papers notarized. Then I had to take them to the county clerk to get them certified. And finally they were overnighted to our agency.
Yesterday we also sent in our i-600 form (immigration form). Hopefully we will get our fingerprint appointment soon. Then Clark and I got labs drawn at ANY LAB TEST NOW! They were so much cheaper than going through our doctor's office! Although it was a bit odd going to a strip mall for blood work.
The great thing about yesterday was how many people I got to share with about Evan and the devastating circumstances of children that are placed in a mental institution once they turn four.
All in all a great day! Oh...I forgot to share what I saw the morning after I posted about "to-do" lists.

0 comments:
Post a Comment