Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Still Waiting...

The news was neither good nor bad.  That's what the email stated from our caseworker.  It's good that she's objective, because to me it was still more of the same.  Waiting.  And I am tired of waiting.  So we wait until next week to see what the Judge decides.  


I've been thinking about the Judge often.  On Saturday night at church we were singing the chorus to "How He Loves Us".  


And oh, how He loves us so, 
Oh how He loves us, 
How He loves us all 

I was truly basking in the words and felt like God was wrapping His arms around me.  I felt His love.  But then God brought me to one of those moments that would be easier not to think about.  That last line.  It has the word ALL in it.  God brought to mind the Judge.  That same love that I feel from God.  That He has for me.  He has for her too.  It's so easy to think about God having His great love for someone I like, but for someone who is keeping me from my daughter?  Not so easy.  Really-it's downright hard.  

I wish I could say that if you repeat the love chapter (1 Corinthians 13) 3 times and say this certain prayer, then you'll feel love for people that are hard to love.  But Love isn't necessarily a feeling.  It's an action.  Do I feel God's love for me, absolutely!  But why?  It's because of the countless times He has proven himself faithful to me.  So how do I put love into action when the Judge is thousands of miles away?  By praying for her, not only for what I seek out of the situation (a court date), but for the way God can use her.  I KNOW that  God can use her in a mighty way - to affect the lives of countless children in her region.  God can use her to become the strongest advocate for special needs children that region has ever seen.  

God has given me this extra week to pray for her.  And God has given her an extra week with our documents and pictures of our family and our little girl.  I am praying that she will see His love as she reads through our papers and looks into our life - so that when next Wednesday rolls around her only concern will be how quickly can we get this little girl into her forever family!

2 comments:

Julia said...

Go read my blog today. I hope it blesses you in your thoughts.... We serve a loving God. Praying. Oh how hard I am praying!!

Ilze Lachkaya said...

Hello! I am in the process of adopting little girl from Russia. I am very worried, I just found shocking story: http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/6062/?id=6062&showID=1545
We should all pray....