Can I bring you up to speed? Do you wonder what has happened in the last 5 months? Paperwork, paper chase, an unmoving judge, politics, high hopes, hopes dashed - in short - an international adoption. I never dreamed that more than a year later I would be typing the words, "we're still waiting to bring her home."
But here we are. I wonder what God is trying to teach me in all of this, but than I wonder if this is even about me at all. Maybe He is teaching the judge something or maybe the orphanage director, or the orphanage workers, or the staff at the Ministry of Education, or our translator, our facilitator or even an observer in the courtroom on the day we have court. Maybe they will all see that a little girl, whom they deem unworthy and unloveable because of her disability, has value.
Why?
Because she is worth it.
Worth every piece of paper I had to track down.
Worth every visit to the notary, the county notary, and the state notary.
Worth the garage sales, the fundraising and every person I shamelessly asked for money.
Worth every blood draw, TB test, and x-ray.
Worth every wait in a doctor's office.
Worth every fedex package sent out.
Worth traveling over 10000 miles for a 3 hour visit.
Worth every time we heard "the judge is still not issuing court dates to Americans".
Maybe they will learn that children with Down syndrome have worth that is immeasurable.
2 comments:
God is faithful! Will be praying about you.
Hi! We're adopting from region 2. Just want you to know we're thinking of you and fasting and praying for a softening of your judge's heart this week. It's gonna happen!
Post a Comment