Saturday, February 27, 2010
Things are moving along. I finally received our completed home study!! I went and got all the proper certifications on Friday. Who knew the Snodgrass building would be so difficult to find in downtown Nashville. I think I passed it 3 times. It is not very well marked AND had very strict security. They scanned my driver's license and took a picture of me, then gave me a picture I.D. name tag. There was no line in the department I needed and that was very nice! So I had all the documents apostilled and then went straight to Fed Ex and overnighted them to our agency in Maryland. Hopefully those documents will be sent to Russia this coming week. I said a silent prayer for our papers that they would be translated quickly and not met with any road blocks. In 2 - 3 weeks we should be notified of our first court date!

Good thing I have plenty to do while we wait. I have been filling out a couple of grant applications, which is similar to the paperwork we have filled out for our adoption! We are also holding an Adoption yard sale on May 1st at Fellowship Bible Church in Brentwood, TN. If you live around here and have been spring cleaning and were planning on taking your stuff to Goodwill, we would love to have it for our yard sale! We'll even come pick it up! We actually have started a collection pile in our garage and even had people bring stuff over today.

The other good news is that my son's Awana club that meets at Grassland Heights Baptist Church had a fundraiser for Evan. All the kids collected change for about 3 weeks. I went and spoke them about adoption, Russia and Down syndrome. Sometimes I think people assume that children can't contribute or make a difference in this world. I am proud to say that the kids at Awana proved those people wrong. We received a check for $1500!! That's a HUGE amount of change that will go towards saving a sweet little girl's life!

Ever Thankful!
Angie

1 comments:

allison said...

Sounds like things are coming along, we're glad. Many continued blessings, and, nice to hear from you!